Friday, October 14, 2011

Poem 39 - Thirsty Heart

The sky looks gloomy
The storm is slowly forming
My heart is not far behind
In stillness, it is wailing.

The wind will soon blow
And kiss the face of existence
My heart though struggling
Holds its ground even in silence.

My heart is thirsty
Even during rainy days
Raindrops are not enough
To quench its thirstiness.

The rain starts to pour
The earth is nourished
My heart feels its every drop
Wishing it will be flourished.

The sun slowly appears
The dark clouds retreat
My heart though pumps life
I can hardly feel its beat.

My heart is parched
Longing for it to be quenched
But no amount of rain
This thirst can't be drenched.

My heart looks for her
To drive this thirst away
And be it rain or shine
I'll find her soon, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment