Saturday, October 29, 2011

Exploring Philippines 41 - Siniloan, Laguna (Post 4 - Buruwisan Falls)

At a glance, the river below looks ordinary.  But once you've got the feel of the environment, it feels like the world is so peaceful.

When you're getting old, you'll be surprised that little things do mean a lot. Even in simple things, like stepping into this river, some simple joys catches my attention right away. Except for the silent flow of the river, the erratic drizzle, and the swaying of the leaves and branches of  the trees, the world down here is in a total stand still. The lush green environment that covers the entire area and the smell of pure and fresh air, a complete contrast of the city life which renews my energy and spirit. If only we were prepared for this trip and planned to stay for another day, I might find myself sitting in one of the stones or perhaps on the fallen tree, meditating and reflecting.  Quiet moments like this one is truly a food for my soul.

Anyway, after turning a corner and hopping from one stone to another not minding about getting wet (because we were wet already), our excitement was finally paid off. From a distance, there lies the Buruwisan falls in all its glory. Up above, we could not see its beauty. But right here, even from a distance, it was already a delight.

I guess, with all those travel shows I watched from tv, I grow the liking of waterfalls. Though it is really a challenge on my part to hike and climb the mountain, the feeling of being rewarded cannot be quantified and at times words are hard to find to describe my overwhelming emotions. And this experience was no exception.

And just like a magnet, its attraction grew strong as we move closer to it.











No comments:

Post a Comment