Saturday, October 15, 2011

Exploring Philippines 39 - Siniloan, Laguna (Post 2)

From the foot of the mountain, a climb to the top of the mountain was a challenge on my end. Actually, it is always a challenge especially under the heat of the sun. Ever since I moved to the city, I have less and less physical activities which make my heart weaker. An out-of-town activity like this one makes me happy and at the same time, somehow worried because of the physical limitation I have to hurdle. But then again, it is just a matter of taking one step at a time.

Since our guides are teens and they frequent this part of the mountain, it is just like a walk in the park for them. They walked fast and we tried to keep our pace with them. And just what I'd been expecting, I had to catch my breath and took a short break for a while. Whew. I am used to this kind of activity during my younger years in the province. But nowadays, I could only wish for a short distance walk together with a take-your-time pace.


After an hour of climbing the mountain, I literally asked for several stops in order to catch my breath. An uphill climb is always my weakness but this does not prevent me from doing this stuff time and again. I guess I have to do this one regularly in order to strengthen my heart and improve my stamina.

That time, the paths leading toward the falls were wet and there were some areas where we had to walk into the mud. Before, I was so concerned about my shoes that I had to take them off and walk bare footed in the mud. But this time around, without any qualms, I simply enjoyed the mud dipping moment with my shoes on.

We were able to cover only a third of the whole stretch but it felt like my legs were too weary to move on.   It was good that there was an available horse that can be rented for a minimal amount. And just like my past experiences, a horseback ride is always a welcome relief.

We spent another hour of a long trek before reaching the falls. On my end, even though I was able to conserve my energy, a ride on a horse was not easy. Some paths are narrow and some are steep. The steep paths proved to be difficult especially the one near the falls. I had an uncomfortable moment on top of the horse the moment we descend towards the falls. The saddle literally clasped my manhood and if it was possible for me that time to get off from the horse and walk the remaining stretch, it would be a big relief. But since there was no way for me to get off, I had to endure the torture ride.

And after almost two and a half hours, we finally reached our destination.

more pics








4 comments:

  1. hahaha! mukha nang basang sisiw si ayo... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahhh bakit di ko alam ito?????? Di niyo ko sinasama :((

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sobrang busy mo kasi. Next time pag me gala ulit, message kita. Tc

    ReplyDelete