Saturday, October 1, 2011

Exploring Philippines 37 - Vigan (Post 8 - Going Home)

After three long and fruitful days of our stay at Vigan, it was time to go back home. Our plan of visiting other places in Ilocos did not materialize. I guess I will have another chance to visit other parts of Ilocos sometime in the future.
But before going home, we went again to the heritage village to buy some souvenir items. Time and again, it has been proven that when you happen to know the people in a locality, you get to enjoy some privileges. Since Jay happens to know the owner of a store along the heritage village, we enjoyed some modest discounts on the souvenir items we bought. Nice.

It seemed that for each new day in the village there's always a new thing to discover and capture. I can't help myself taking pictures every now and then. There were even a couple of instances where I asked the coachmen to pose as I make my composition. That was fun indeed.

Along the stretch of the heritage village, I happened to had a taste of Basi - Ilocos local wine. Since I seldom drink wine, I really don't have that much desire towards it. At least I had an opportunity that time to taste Basi but I did not bother to buy one.

We went to Tongson's place at the end of the street of the heritage village. Tongson's royal bibingka is one of the favorite stop overs for tourists and locals alike.

Lastly, I bought a kilo of bagnet at the town's public market. Of all the delicacies here in Ilocos, bagnet is one stuff that is hard to ignore. Yummy.

Many thanks to the Barba-Tabboga family for being graciously hospitable all throughout my stay at Vigan. Likewise to Jay who patiently accompanied me and act as my tour guide for the whole duration of the trip.





more pics






















2 comments:

  1. Youre very much welcome to come back idol.. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jay. Laoag at Pagudpud naman next time. :)

    ReplyDelete