Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Moment 25 - Prayer

I am not ashamed to admit that I am an emotional person. I am easily given away by my emotions and my eyes easily get wet. 

But with the current struggle I am undergoing, for a couple of days, I find it hard to cry. The pain is overwhelming, my heart is in constant agony, my peace of mind is hard to find, and my whole existence is threatened by malicious accusations. Though I wanted to let it all out, all those pains and sufferings, they keep on boiling deep inside of me just like a volcano. And my worst fear for my current condition could be a life threatening effect to my health if I cannot handle this one properly.

One good friend of mine, EJ, though he wanted to help me in the best way he can is helpless. I know he can feel my pain and struggles but can't do anything about it. His mere presence means so much to me at this particular time and he gives me so much of himself just to make sure that I will be okay. And one great thing he offered me was to accompany me to pray. He said it is the least he can do for me and that time would be the perfect time to pray.

In the silence of the church and in the stillness of that moment, I let it all out. After several days of agonies and torments, I cried my heart out. I simply closed my eyes and let go all those fears, reservations, hatred, and agonies. My tears were rushing silently to my handkerchief and my body trembles as I cry. And I felt the hand of a good friend tapping my back, telling me that everything will be okay.

Little did I knew that EJ was silently crying likewise. Though he cannot feel the kind of pain and the amount of suffering I had that moment, still, he was man enough to forgo his emotions. His sympathy and concern is something I'll treasure until my last breath.

Again, if you are reading this post, please include me in your prayers. Because I know nothing is impossible with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment