Saturday, April 30, 2011

Exploring Philippines 15 - Tibiao, Antique (Post 6 - Tibiao River)

I only stayed and enjoyed the kawa bath for a few minutes. Normally, tourists would indulge into this thing after a boat ride or kayaking downstream. The kawa bath is situated along the Tibiao river and there's a path that leads to the river right below where the kawas are located. 

Actually, the caretaker of the place tried to convince me to experience kayaking for 500 pesos. Wow! It's quite expensive. Though the fee for kayaking includes a guide and can be enjoyed all throughout the day, I did not give it a try. One reason would be, I was alone that time and it would be pretty lonely kayaking by my lonesome. Secondly, I am not that comfortable with water and I can't swim much. In addition, large to giant rocks are lining up the shore lines and since it would be my first, I would definitely have a tough time finding my course. And lastly, no one will take pics of my adventure. Hehe

But even though I passed on this chance, I still visited the river. It is good that the local government has this will to preserve its nature and one of them is this river. This is one river that showcases what a "real" river should be. It is pristine in all its glory and the people, both locals and visitors, find this river a good place for swimming and picnics.

Truly, it is a pride of a place to share its unspoiled nature and it is only possible if the government and its people will show and embody a total commitment towards guarding, preserving, and nurturing its natural resources.

I would like to thank Bong for being a good driver and guide.

more pics of Tibiao River




No comments:

Post a Comment