Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Moment 14 - White Heron

I oftentimes see these birds in the rice fields whenever I go home for a vacation. There were even some moments when they were so plenty which turned the fields into a spectacle of green and white. At times, during the course of my trip, I have this lingering temptation to suddenly get out of the jeepney and take a photograph of these birds.

I found out later on that it was hard to come close to these birds. They are very cautious. They always stick their heads up and they make sure they maintain a good distance between themselves and the people.  No amount of comfort can even convince them that some men are harmless. When one of them takes off, the rest will follow. I guess trust is such an elusive word for these fowls.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed an afternoon chasing them in the fields. If the field could had been dry that time, I don’t mind at all staying a bit longer and run after them. But I don’t want to slip and plunge into the mud and harm myself and my camera. Anyway, it was still a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment