Saturday, April 16, 2011

Exploring Philippines 13 - Tibiao, Antique (Post 4 - Bugtong Bato Falls)

The guys whom we'd came upon readily gave a pose for me. Since they were cooperative, I was able to guide them to cover the space evenly and it turned out good. 

After some shots, we headed to the next two layers of the falls. From the top of the first layer, the next two layers are just a couple of minutes away. And for a newbie like me, the excitement grew as we headed towards that direction.

From a distance, another awesome work of nature can be seen. With just a glimpse of it is already a sight to behold. It has a magic of its own which will entice you to come closer and enjoy its beauty. Truly, it is a real beauty.

At first, I thought that I was seeing just a layer but they were actually two. The second layer though shorter than the third layer, if I am not mistaken, could be more than 20 feet and according to the boys its bottom is deeper than you think. Its still dark blue-green water could be deceiving and it is no walk in the park trying to cross it. That's why the locals here would advice visitors to have a companion in going here especially when one plans to go for a swim. But visitors need not worry about snakes living in the water because of the daily influx of visitors, no snake dwells in this area. 

Anyway, if you plan to come closer to the third layer, a more exciting and challenging path can be experienced. You have to step on the very stone staircase with only a rope helping you climb your way up. Of course it is no joke and you'll have to be very, very careful because when you fall head first, you'll bounce first on the rocks before landing on the water.

On my part, I did not gave it a try because I was not comfortable about the climb. Though it could be another merit for me conquering some heights, I am still exercising some caution and at this particular time, I am not yet ready. The view could be great up there, the third layer above you and the second layer below you. Well, there could always be next time. I hope I'll be ready and have enough courage to make the climb next time around.

After more than an hour of stay and it was already past one in the afternoon, I decided to leave the place. Though I wanted to stay a bit longer and simply enjoy this particular experience, I had another thing to do. And that will be for my next post. Enjoy the pics guys.













more pics of Bugtong Bato Falls







3 comments:

  1. hello..just want to know the directions going to this falls from highway, i have just plan to go to this place this coming december with my bestfriend, although antique is my native land and the place where i was born, the place is still unfamiliarize for me..thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are commuting, there is a huge signage of bugtong bato falls along the highway of Tibiao. The drivers are familiar with the place.

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally remembered the name of the place. You may ask the driver for Kalye Importante, this is the drop off point towards the falls.

    Tc.

    ReplyDelete