Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Moment 65 - Fisherman

In one of my out of town sorties, I practically waited for the setting of the sun and the embrace of darkness. Since there was no moon that time, the fisher folks would rush to the sea the moment darkness covers the land and the sea. With their lamp as the source of light in the dark waters, the fishes tend to gather near the light which gives the fishermen the opportunity to cast their net and enjoy the bounty of the sea.

I was hoping that time that there would be plenty of fishermen rushing to the sea that early evening. Since it was a season of bounty, they need not go that far from the shore to cast their net. Actually, it only took a group of them around 30 minutes to cast their net and afterwards, they began pulling the net for their catch.

I was anticipating that a good number of boats would be out to the sea that time and it would be one great moment to capture the lighted sea. Since the situation fell short from my expectations, I only content myself to the scene at hand. I guess I had to spend more early evening to that place in order to witness a spectacle of lights coming from the boats in the open sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment