Saturday, April 7, 2012

Exploring Philippines 64 - Angeles, Pampanga (Post 3 - Angeles City)

After the unsuccessful attempt for the hot air balloon ride, we roam around and tried our luck with the kiosks within the area. One particular stall caught our attention because of the long queue of visitors and it happened to be selling hot air balloon lanterns. Since we were not able to experience a hot air balloon ride, Cha opted to buy a hot air balloon lantern as a souvenir item.

Since we already start to feel the heat of the sun and we agreed to call it a day, Cris brought us to Angeles city for our lunch and for some sight seeing activities. It was almost 11 when Cris brought us to Luring's barbecue place, one of his hang out place when we was still working in this city. 

It is one of my habit to try new stuff whenever I am out of town. Though I don't have that much stomach with food beyond my comfort zone, from time to time, I tried to be brave just to find out if my stomach is up to it. This time, I ordered a fried quail. This was my first time to taste a quail though in my younger years, fried and grilled birds were part of my growing up years. The taste of fried quail made me reminisce those good old days.

After our lunch, we head to the nearby church in the town proper. Since we planned to visit the Candaba swamp, we only stayed for a short time and we were not able to fully explore the whole town of Angeles.



more pics


No comments:

Post a Comment