Sunday, April 15, 2012

Food Trip 65 - Inihaw na Panga ng Tuna

Time and again, if I have my way, I prefer fish over red meat.  It is not that I am health conscious but I do find enjoyment in sea foods over red meat.

One time, when we had a get together party with some friends, I ordered a grilled panga ng tuna (jaw of tuna).  When it was laid on the table, it was like a strange food to my friends. Since I drool over for this food, I did the honor of tasting it first. When they saw that I was enjoying the food, they followed afterwards.

For big fishes, like a tuna, the most sought after body parts are its belly and its head which includes its jaw. These parts are the tastiest and they are being sold on a much higher price compared to its body meat. But for the jaw part, you'll have to learn the art of tinkering in order to extract its prized meat. And it is best enjoyed when you have your bare hands laid on this stuff. Yummy.


No comments:

Post a Comment