Sunday, April 8, 2012

Food Trip 64 - Crunchy Pork Belly

One time, I was invited by my new found extended family for a food trip. They planned to try Mercato at the Bonifacio Global City. Mercato is a night market for food lovers which opens from 8pm to 6am every Saturdays and Sundays. And even if it is far from my place, I said yes without blinking an eye. Actually, ever since it was featured in television, I am hopeful that I'll be able to experience it one day. And with the given chance, it was an experience that I look forward too that night.

Since I was the first one to arrive, I took the opportunity to scout the place. The whole place was filled with people who made their rounds likewise trying to find out their kind of food. There were plenty of stuff to choose from and the experience made my mouth water.

Only few of the food stalls offer some free taste and then there was one that caught my attention, Karlo's kitchen.  I got intrigued about their offering which was crunchy pork belly and since they offered a free taste, I gave in. I tell you, it was something they can brag about. It was really crunchy and the taste was somewhat different from the traditional deep fried pork stuff. And I told myself that I'll taste that food that night.

When my colleagues finally came, they were likewise excited and they could not made up their mind what food to order. When they asked me what I wanted to eat, without hesitation, I openly declared the crunchy pork belly. And they love it too except for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment