Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Moment 8 - Sagada Oranges

This picture was taken in front of The Mansion at Baguio City.

I like oranges but I don’t really have a craving for them. But after a taste test of the famous Sagada oranges, I simply can’t believe that it was an instant liking on my part. It’s what you call love at first taste.

Sagada oranges grow abundantly in the high mountains of the Mountain Province. And the best thing about them is that they are being grown naturally.

Due the delight of that sweet tasting Sagada orange, a bargain from 5 oranges for 100 pesos became 7 for 100. Because of the competition around and an instant 300 pesos out of my wallet, the good vendor agreed. 
Eventhough it was heavy to bring around those oranges, only a dozen of them made it to the place where we stayed.

And the irony of the Sagada oranges? When I went back to Manila, I was able to buy Sagada oranges in Divisoria at the same price. Haha. It was a great effort to bring home those oranges from Baguio to Manila but little did I knew that I can also find them in Divisoria. So next time around, by March or April, I don’t have to go to Baguio just for the taste of the Sagada oranges.

No comments:

Post a Comment