Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Moment 7 - Dragons-can't-fly

When we had a photo walk at Luneta, I saw several kids running after some dragonflies.  Well, it’s been a while since I saw a dragonfly.

I can vividly recall when I was also a kid, I used to catch dragonflies. There were plenty of them way back in the province and it was one of our fun moments that time. Of course nowadays, kids do play with modern stuffs and maybe some of them have not yet seen real dragonflies.

When I posted this image on a photo-sharing site, some commented that it was a good shot but it would be much better if these dragonflies were freed. I agree.

But in the minds of the kids, just like when I was a kid, it was more of a fun with no intention to hurt them. Actually, catching dragonflies is a form of a challenge. It is hard to sneak behind  a dragonfly and catch it through its tail. The more you can catch through your bare hand proves that you are canny. And the more you can catch will give you a certain form of recognition among your peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment