Sunday, March 13, 2011

Food Trip 8 - Beef Caldereta

When I eat outside, I usually ask around for their specialty and which one tastes great. If people will answer me that all of their food taste great, I don't believe them. One way or the other, there's something that really stands out.

It was lunch time at Avilon zoo in Montalban, Rizal and since we don't know that we are allowed to bring in some food, we literally don't have anything to eat. Though a combo meal with a choice of water or soda was a bit expensive, we could not go on exploring the place with an empty stomach.

There were variety of lunch treat that time and I could not decide right away what to order. It was good that the cashier recommended beef caldereta, their house specialty. Since beef is my favorite, I gave in right away praying that it would be tender or else I'll not enjoy my food.

And true enough, even with a commanding price of 120 pesos, their beef caldereta was the best one I tasted so far. The meat was tender, the sauce was great, a bit spicy and the taste was simply awesome . I literally enjoyed every moment of my lunch experience.

Up to now, I can still savor that great tasting meal. I hope that I can found a restaurant  nearby that offers the same food with the same great taste. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment