Saturday, March 26, 2011

Exploring Philippines 10 - Tibiao, Antique (Post 1 - Tibiao Fish Spa)

I am fond of watching travel shows, both local and foreign. Within a year, I make it to a point to be somewhere else, outside the city and closer to nature. During my regular viewing habit, I happened to watch some rural escapades in my province and I told myself that I have to try that one the moment I go home.

It was the last week of October, 2010 when I decided to went home and enjoy a week long vacation. Immediately, I visited the Tibiao Fish Spa. 

My nieces and nephew tagged along and they were quite ecstatic about the experience to happen that day. The news of something new in our province spreads like wildfire but sad to say, only those who can afford to spend gets to experience the real thing. As we all know, every peso in a rural place is a hard earned money and folks will not spend it lightly.

Anyway, it took us an hour ride to the fish spa. The place boasts that it is the cheapest fish spa in the world. The entrance is 20 pesos per head. Adults are being charge 2 pesos per minute while students/kids enjoy half the price per minute of stay, likewise.  The pool is divided into 3 tanks: the beginner's tank, the medium tank, and the large tank.

Beginner's tank contains small fishes and one will definitely enjoy the small tickles they'll offer. Young and old alike will surely have fun together in this tank.

After nearly 10 minutes of stay in the beginner's tank, I transferred to the medium and large tank adjacent to the beginner's tank. By the way, the beginner's tank is located outside the cottage while the two remaining tanks are inside the cottage.

The medium and large tanks are actually designed as one tank and there's a movable divider placed in the middle of the tank to segregate the medium-size fishes from the large ones. The design of the place is a bit cozy where you are free to lie down and enjoy the comfort of soft pillows while enjoying the fish spa. It was indeed a relaxing moment for me.

Visitors can literally enjoy a bath together with the fishes and one can simply sit down in the pool while enjoying the services of the fishes. But you have to call them in advance in order for the tank to be cleaned first prior to your visit.

After some time, I began to feel the harsh teeth of the large fishes. The skin of my feet got soft already and as the fishes trim it further, it was no longer enjoyable. Well, with large fishes you'll get large bites and I simply cannot imagine if those fishes were actually piranhas. Ouch.

All in all, the kids enjoyed the day and they definitely have stories to tell up to this day.



more pics of Tibiao Fish Spa





2 comments:

  1. how do you maintain your fish spa tanks??

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place is not mine. According to the caretakers, the fishes are not that delicate compared with the salt water fish. They simply clean up the tanks and return the fishes at once.

    ReplyDelete