Sunday, March 27, 2011

Food Trip 10 - Lanzones

I will never forget that day when I finally savor the sweetest tasting lanzones to date. The common lanzones that are usually available in the market are those coming from Laguna and Camiguin. And for some time, I was able to taste the famous sweet lanzones of Thailand which, occasionally, are available at Divisoria (though the price is higher than our own). But nothing can be compared to the one I tasted that came from Cagayan de Oro.

Lanzones is one of my favorite fruit and I usually substitute this one for rice as my dinner (I don't know if I'm doing the right thing but so far, all is well). When lanzones is abundant, you can expect that my day will never be complete without it. I simply love this fruit.

It was in Iloilo when I encountered lanzones coming from Cagayan de Oro and true enough, I was not able to resist its temptation. And when I tasted that one, I was able to finish nearly a kilo of it and my three kilo present to my family was reduced to only two kilos. Hehe. Gluttony to the max as usual.

I hope I can find the same sweet tasting stuff here in Manila when its season comes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment