Friday, February 25, 2011

Poem 6 - Broken Soul

I tried to convince myself
That things will turn out right
That misunderstandings and petty stuffs
Can be settled without a fight.

I tried to understand things
Even if they are out of my reach
Hoping all along they will turn okay
And not to fall straight to the ditch.

I tried to hold on to the promise
That my heart and soul used to embrace
Praying for the sun to shine again
And keeping me in the track with this race.

But it is no use after all
When you are the only one holding on
For every second of a reality check
The spirit waits for that big explosion.

And when the bomb suddenly explodes
Broken and shattered pieces of you scatter
When your worst enemy becomes yourself
Everything else fails to matter.

Here I am, a broken soul
Lost and trying to breath again
Though naked and desperate
I pray that my faith will remain.

No comments:

Post a Comment