Sunday, February 20, 2011

Food Trip 5 - Chao Fan ala DoTa

One time, I had this chao fan craving. I dropped by at a food chain and ordered one. My craving was satisfied but my yearn for a better tasting chao fan continues. The reason, the ingredients of that chao fan can easily be counted except for the rice. Hehe

The best tasting food, according to a famous chef, should have the abundance of everything. You don't have to cut corners, no compromises, and you can deliver something better even with some constraints.

When I had this opportunity to prepare one, I knew I had to prepare several ingredients to make it extra special. Well, I mean, whatever ingredients I can pull out of the ref and out of the food cabinet.

Diced carrots looked yummy, thinly diced string beans and green bell pepper added colors, a shreded left over cooked chicken meat, and some spices. Though I considered some other ingredients to make it exciting, lively, and mouth watering - again, they are simply part of my wish list. Yes, definitely, I'll have the other ingredients next time around.

So what are we waiting for. It's chao time.


No comments:

Post a Comment