Sunday, February 13, 2011

Food Trip 4 - Lobster

I am very thankful about knowing the family of Eric Rivera from Palawan. Last year, I had this chance to visit Puerto Princesa and I stayed at their place for free. 

During my stay here, I was given the opportunity to savor the taste of fresh lobster. It was my very first time to eat a lobster. I know for the fact that it is quite a luxury to enjoy a lobster that weighs a kilo. Here in Manila, the cost of a kilo lobster could be between 800 to 1000 plus pesos.

Anyway, I was surprised because a couple of days ago, Eric's mother send me three big lobsters from Palawan. More or less, they weigh 2 kilos. Wow! This is another rare moment for me to enjoy this food. And what a perfect timing. Two days from now, I'll be celebrating my birthday and I consider this as an advance birthday present though Eric's family has no idea about it.

It is nice to know that some people are really extra wonderful that even for a brief encounter with them, they will not forget you right away. I am quite thankful and grateful that I have known them and who knows, I might be in Palawan for the third time some time soon. And I'll definitely pay them a visit.

Again, to the family of Eric, thank you very much and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment