Monday, September 30, 2013

Random Thought 142 - Opportunist

When we deal with our friends, there's always this thing called sharing.  With friends, we treat them as family and we are there for them especially when we are needed the most.

One time, I confided to a friend about another friend whom I felt violated and put into a disadvantageous position.  I was stunned about his response.  He told me that sometimes when you are already a friend and part of the family it cannot be ruled out that your friend will take advantage of you.  I asked him "Would you do that to me?"  And he was quick to reply,  "Did I ever take advantage of you?"  I almost answered him 'yes'.

We might have several friends but only a few of them has this self-restraint not to take advantage of us especially when we are in great need or in trouble.  Seldom you can find people close to you that will offer the same treatment as you give them.  Some people whom we call friends are actually opportunists.  Their association with us is more for their advantage rather than to share themselves with no ill intentions in their hearts.  And sad to say, in most cases, we will only uncover their true nature the moment we willingly allow them to rub us without them exerting much effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment