Friday, September 27, 2013

Poem 141 - Wild Grass of Summer

I step outside the door
Towards the open field
It's been some time since my last
To my longing I yield.

The sun is up and brightly shining
Turning the field in vibrant hue
The wind is passing in a gentle mood
Into the field I walk with the given clue.

As I gaze around in this wild ground
Nostalgic moments make me smile in stride
The memories of summer not so long ago
Made me cringed in pain and I almost died.

We were both strangers way back then
In this field we nurtured our soul
We had our own agonies in life
We found strength in each other which started it all.

This field became our daily rendezvous
And turned in into our own paradise
The dry and dull colors of summer
Became a field of rainbow in our eyes.

You were like a wild grass of summer
Your beauty was not known to many
Your spirit was wild and your heart was true
Yet you sound strange when you tried to be funny.

My summer would never be the same
The moment I shared it with you
You thought me how to appreciate life
To value each day like there's no tomorrow.

When summer ended that time
In the field, I waited for you
I was worried and kept on thinking
You were suddenly gone, a no show.

Someone eventually told me
That you peacefully embraced your Maker's fold
I could not believe it happened so fast
The end of summer suddenly turned cold.

Every time summer is at hand
I roam this field like we used to
I pick some wild grasses and hold them
Because they will always remind me of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment