Monday, September 16, 2013

Random Thought 140 - Depression

At a certain point in my life, I experienced depression.  It was during that time when I thought I've lost everything, including my sanity.

Experiencing depression is no joke.  It is a state where life no longer matters.  When I had my share of that state, it was like I was no longer existing.  I was living each day like a lifeless being with nothing in mind but only my sorry state.  And I was already thinking to end it all.

In the process of experiencing the worst storm in my life, depression enters the picture.  Not that I was entertaining the thought but it simply made its way into my system.  Some say that it is just normal to experience depression once you are experiencing something disturbing that's too much for one's sanity to handle.  The challenge is how to be able to have a grasp of yourself once depression sinks in.

Experts say that there is a thin line between sanity and insanity.  And depression can break that line in a snap.  Our faith and determination to live may play an important factor in keeping our sanity intact.  Likewise, the love and support coming from our family and friends always make a big difference.  A diversion of some kind, like a productive hobby, can also divert our attention and make us forget our sorry state.

I guess I am still lucky to make it out this far.  I am not a strong person but I must say depression made me a strong one.  It is just a matter of hitting the bottom and making my way up again.  At the end of the day, my will to survive and appreciation of this life made me put depression behind me.  It was like experiencing a pitch black environment for a moment and waking up as soon as the sun rises.  

No comments:

Post a Comment