Friday, September 6, 2013

Poem 138 - Lady

I am about to leave
Heading towards the door
Just when I see you
Across the dance floor.

You right away caught my eyes
Even with the frenzy crowd
You are quite a beauty
Stunning and brightly endowed.

I stand there for a while
With my eyes only set on you
My interest grows intense
My heartbeat races every second or two.

Lady, May I have this dance
Even for a brief moment only
I would love to dance with you
While the music is a sweet melody.

I lead you to the dance floor
Where we find our own space
I feel awkward at first
But you make me comfortable with your gaze.

I can feel your soft skin
When you step closer to me
Your scent is enchanting
Fitting for a real beauty.

You dance with such grace
Your body moves with elegance
I can't help but to admire
This close, you're in my perfect stance.

Lady, I love to dance with you
Your grace is beyond compare
I have a great time tonight
I wonder if you got some time to spare.

We step outside and take a stroll
The wind is blowing and the night is cold
I move closer to you and you don't mind
I give you my jacket and your hand I hold.

We walk along the lamp posts
Across the lawn and below the full moon
We talk about so many things
And find out we have a lot in common.

We find our own perfect place
A wooden bench just under a tree
We sit down comfortably closer
Right there and then, you said yes to me.

Lady, I love to be with you
I promise you'll be my only one
Thank you for this unforgettable night
I will remain forever as your man.


No comments:

Post a Comment