Monday, March 18, 2013

Random Thought 114 - The Way You Eat Tells Who You Are

Most of the time, fast eaters weigh more than their desired body weight requirement.  

There can never be a good moment than enjoying the best foods beyond your imagination.  Our tendency would be to jump into these stuff right away and indulge our being until we nearly burst our stomach.  And some of us might say, "Life is indeed great."

Experts say that it would normally take some time, if I am not mistaken between 15-20 minutes, before our stomach will send a signal to our brain that it is already full.  If you are a speedy eater, even if you are already bloated, you feel that there's still a room in your stomach for more food.

I always notice those people that I deal with.  The big ones have always the big appetite and they become uncontrollable when good food are around.  Some of them, aside from being a speedy eater, have the tendency to just swallow the food the moment it touches their mouth.  And when you're with them, they seem like a good motivator for you to eat more than your usual food serving.

Sometime ago, I took noticed of myself gaining more weight.  I was greatly alarmed.  The moment I found it hard to button my pants and my clothes felt like smaller for my body, that was the time I realized that I gained more weight.  My first violent reaction was the idea of buying new pants and clothes.  My wallet is very strict about it though I love to shop.  Hehe.

On my end, I can gain weight easily.  But I don't like entertaining the idea of having a big belly and an over sized figure.  I guess I eat more and do little activity to burn those fats.  And it was not a good sight.

The moment I felt bad about my being, I trimmed down my food intake.  I tried to inculcate discipline to myself that I'll enjoy life and more food as long as I know how to take good care of my body.  Before, I find it hard to climb the stairs until the third or fourth floor and even a couple of blocks of walking was no good for me.  I easily get exhausted.  But when I pushed myself to climb the stairs and do the long-distance walk everyday, little by little, I find a good exercise.  And it helps a lot.

It is always fun to eat.  It's just that we need to disciple ourselves with whatever food we love to consume instead of allowing the food to consume us.  Remember that no one has the sole responsibility to our life but us.  Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment