Sunday, March 10, 2013

Food Trip 112 - Honey Garlic Chicken

If you are folklore creature in the Philippines called aswang, then, this food is not for you.

Fast food chains oftentimes innovate their food offerings in order to entice more patrons.  From time to time, there is always a new dish they offer to food lovers.

One time, out of my comfort zone, I tried a meal.  Usually for a meat, I don't appreciate a sweet tasting one.  This time around, I opted to order a meal which I have not tried before.  I just want to find out if my taste bud will jive with this food.

The chicken was deep fried.  It was never cooked together with the honey sauce.  This was evident because the chicken skin was crispy and there was no honey taste on the inner part of the meat.  Just like any sauce, the honey dressing/sauce was just added after the chicken had been fried.  After adding the honey sauce, it was then sprinkled with garlic.

I find the taste of honey sauce overpowering which made me not appreciate this food with much gusto.  After several spoonfuls, it made me satiated and less hungry.  Unlike other food that drives you to eat more, this one is not part of that list.  I guess with the given experience, I'll just pass on this one even if it is for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment