Friday, February 3, 2012

Poem 55 - My Prayer

Lord, I may not understand the reasons behind my sufferings
Please do not allow me to fall into the darkness of hatred
I know I do not have the capacity to understand as of the moment
Just keep me in Your light and it is okay for me to bleed.

Lord, my heart is bleeding and my soul is weeping
Because of the people who try to break me into pieces
I know I don't deserve Your much needed attention
Your glance is all I need and I'll sing of Your praises.

Lord, my disturbed state makes me question my faith
Despite of those good deeds, I am in the brink of dying
I don't know if I have sinned in doing so
Lead me Lord and show me a life worth living.

Lord, I surrender myself and my soul to You
Please take control of my life according to Your will
I know that You have all the reasons beyond my understanding
Please don't let go and hold me at Your will.

Lord, please open my heart and make me understand
Why some people choose to sow hatred and sorrow
Please make me realize that even in the darkness
You are still there, guiding me even in a shadow.

Lord, please forgive me of all my sins
And embrace me once again like Your lost sheep
I know I don't deserve Your love and forgiveness
Please lay Your hand on me and my soul is Yours to keep.

Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment