Friday, September 16, 2011

Poem 35 - Cry

I walk away with a heavy heart
I am trying to hold back the tears
It is such a sad and lonely night
Where I've to embrace all my fears.

I walk under the pouring rain
I let go the tears beyond seeing
I get soak from head to toe
Hoping to drain the pain that's lingering.

I'll do my crying in the rain
And conceal the pain and the tears
It is better to cry this way
It is not obvious, no one cares.

I walk along the shadows of the night
Unafraid of what might be lurking there
I don't care what lies within
I don't think they'll give me a good scare.

I walk as if the road never ends
Home is so far away to find
I can't find directions in traffic lights
I've been walking like I'm blind.

I'll do my crying in the shadows
For others not to see what's in my face
Street lights may show a glimpse of me
But I can hide my face for it to be clueless.

I'll cry with the rain
And I'll cry in the shadow
Some things are worth it
Which are hard to forgo.

I can endure the pain
And embrace my suffering
If this is the only way
Towards a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment