Saturday, September 17, 2011

Exploring Philippines 35 - Vigan (Post 6 - Mindoro Beach)

For some reasons, we were not able to visit other places in Ilocos. For almost the whole day, we simply spent our idle time staying away from the heat of the sun. 

It was late in the afternoon when Jay and I drove to a town near the Vigan airport. I thought  there is only one Mindoro, an island near Batangas. But in Vigan, there is also a place named Mindoro.  According to Jay, they oftentimes visit the Mindoro beach whenever they wanted to go for a swim. We'd been warned by the grandfather of Jay to be careful about the beach because of its uneven and sudden dropping slopes but we don't have any plans that time to go for a swim.

We happened to met some local fisher folks, harvesting some fingerlings. I am actually quite aware how the fingerlings are being counted. At first, it would be challenge to a newbie because the fingerlings seem to be transparent. But it is simply getting used to activity and eventually, your eyes will be trained in counting the small fishes.
After some time, I asked some locals for a shoot. I was so thankful that the people here are also friendly and I had no hard time asking them. And as usual, the kids are always the best participants in a photo shoot. They are agile, full of life, and very much eager to be part of an activity. I must admit that as our photo shoot progressed, I was even more challenged to truly capture the lively atmosphere of my models. Many thanks to them and it was indeed fun.


more pics










No comments:

Post a Comment