Sunday, September 18, 2011

Food Trip 35 - Pomelo

By just the thought of this fruit makes me actually crave for it. And when I crave for it, I would make time to go to Divisoria or Quiapo and bring home at least two kilos of pomelo.

I cannot exactly recall my first taste of the sweet and mouth watering pomelo. But if I am not mistaken, someone brought home some pomelos from Davao which tastes far sweeter than in any parts of the country (correct me if I am wrong). Since then, I am always particular about pomelos from Davao. If I am not sure of its origin, I will politely ask for a free taste whenever possible.

Some say that pomelo is good in lowering the body's sugar count. Though I am not diabetic, I regard this one as a good fruit and as much as possible I try to bring home some if I can find a sweet one. 

But there's one downside (if you may call it) about this fruit - your discharge smells awful. Well, eat it at your own risk. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment