Sunday, November 18, 2012

Food Trip 96 - Strawberry

I had my first taste of sweet strawberries when I joined a field trip to Baguio city.

Every time I visit Baguio, I always make it to the point to indulge myself in its sweet strawberries.  I learned that the cheaper ones are those being sold by vendors along its street and on the parks.  The marketplace which houses stalls of fruits, including strawberries, oftentimes sell strawberries at a higher price.  But if you really wanted to have those big strawberries, the marketplace is a perfect place to look for.

When it is about time to leave Baguio, I also make it a habit to bring along some packs of strawberries.  And most of the time, half of them only reaches home.

In Manila, strawberries are also available but a bit more expensive, the sizes are small, and for some reason, they somehow lost their sweetness.  From time to time, just to satisfy my yearning, I would manage to bring home some packs and content myself like a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment