Sunday, November 4, 2012

Food Trip 94 - Peppery Asian Cuisine

Sometimes, even during ordinary times, a good food trip spells a wonderful experience.

I was invited by a new found family for an out-of-the-blue lunch.  Since it was already lunch time and it is not good to decline an invitation coming from a family that I will be forever indebted, I simply tagged along for the second time with them.  And since they are also food lovers, we tried this Asian cuisine restaurant.

The Peppery Asian Cuisine opened last July 2012 and it offers a variety of Asian food in a medley of herbs and spices.  The staffs are friendly, accommodating, and they are most willing to assist their customers especially with those catchy food labels.

I must admit that for quite some time, I began experimenting eating food out of my comfort zone but I must be oriented first of what I am about to eat.  Since I was just an add-on to the family I was with, I just nodded with what they were suppose to eat that time.  The catchy food labels turned out to be a buttered chicken and pork humba.   The mother specifically ordered a bistek Tagalog (beef steak)  because it is one of her comfort food and a couple servings of turon halo-halo was our dessert.

The buttered chicken was new to the family while the pork humba and bistek Tagalog are their favorites.  We found the pork humba a bit salty and it fall short on their expectations.  They told me that once I visit them in the province, I'll be able to taste their own version of pork humba - most probably, a better tasting one.  On the other hand, the taste of calamansi was overwhelming with bistek Tagalog.  Since most of us are familiar with this food, I guess it will be much better to try another dish.  The buttered chicken was new to all of us and we gave it a two-thumbs up.  The butter was just right and the tenderness of the meat and its taste was superb.  Lastly, the taste of turon halo-halo delivered a great and satisfactory dining experience to this restaurant.




No comments:

Post a Comment