Monday, September 3, 2012

Random Thought 86 - Attraction

When we love a person, are we ready to consider his total being rather than loving only what is good in him?

At first, attraction plays an important role in liking a person.   Attraction enables us to see everything that is beautiful in that person.  Attraction tends to create a picture perfect package.  But the moment we are able to pass the stage of seeing only those worthwhile aspects of the person we like, how good are we in also accepting his flaws?

I can still perfectly recall the wisdom that was imparted to us by our professor when I was still attending the graduate school.   He fell in love with a beautiful lady when he had his schooling outside the country.  At first, he could not believe that the beautiful lady took noticed of him first and she was the first one to express her feelings for him.  He is very honest about his looks and asked the girl what she liked about him.  The girl replied that her feelings for him was not only skin deep.  She further added that if all of us will be stripped of our skin, then, we will all look the same.  Unluckily, their love did not prosper because the girl died in a car accident.

During my recent trip, I happened to meet a couple that was exactly the opposite of the story of my professor.  If I had not known the story of my professor, perhaps, I will still wonder what makes that young man like his partner.  I guess I can say that love moves in mysterious ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment