Friday, September 28, 2012

Poem 89 - Rain On My Parade

The sky is fairly clear
A perfect time for my parade
The atmosphere is festive
It is such a beautiful charade.

Smile is overwhelmingly present
The crowd cheers merrily
Everyone is rejoicing today
All of them, except me.

Please don't rain on my parade
And ruin this festive mood
Spare me this beautiful day
I pray that you could.

I tried to smile as well
To the happy crowd along the way
Though deep inside I am hiding
The pain that's haunting me.

It is hard to be a clown
And smile all day long
I don't want the people to know
That something must be wrong.

I hope it will not rain today
This parade means everything to me
I hope that I have all the courage
To hold back my emotions all the way.

After a while, the drizzles fall
Everyone starts to feel anxious
I feel that I'm starting to let go
Revealing what really is obvious.

And it rain on my parade
The crowd begins to flee
I just watch them scatter
Allowing myself to break free.

Together with the falling rain
I let go of my own downpour
The rain will shield me
It will provide a good cover.

It is raining on my parade
But I no longer care
I guess it's a perfect time
The moment is wonderfully fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment