Sunday, September 16, 2012

Food Trip 87 - Bicho Bicho

During my childhood days, I was not aware of donuts.  Those were the days when commercial stuffs from the city do not reach our locality. That time, I was not aware that bicho bicho is a local counterpart of city donuts.

One time, out of the blue, I passed by Merced bakeshop along EDSA near Quezon Avenue.  I was on my way home and since I knew I'll be hungry soon, I entered the store to find out if there are some good stuffs inside. One familiar thing on top of the food counter caught my attention and I ordered a couple of packed goodies.

What's good about Merced's bicho bicho is its taste and texture.  Compared with the traditional donuts, the bicho bicho has less sugar thereby one would not easily feel satiated(?).  I guess this bakeshop is using a first class flour because the texture of bicho bicho is soft and it remains soft and tender even for several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment