Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Moment 43 - Alejandro R. Roces at Libingan ng mga Bayani

Since my departed loved ones were in the province and I was not able to go home, I decided to pay a visit once again to Libingan ng mga Bayani. This was my second visit to this place. This time, however, a friend of mine tagged along.

When we went there, it was two days before all saints day. And since it was a Sunday, some families and individuals came this early to avoid the crowd come November 1.

By accident, we happened to pass an area in the cemetery where there is a new row of tombs. And when we came closer, it was for national artists and other statesmen. The first one or should I say, the latest addition to this row was that of the national artist for literature Alejandro R. Roces.

The name of Alejandro R. Roces is somehow familiar so I immediately made no haste taking some pictures of his final resting place. While I was taking pictures, I was not able to spot something odd in his epitaph. Not until I went home and process the pictures I took that day.

My questions are: Will the family of the late Alejandro R. Roces be able to recognize the mistake in his epitaph? Who is the person in-charge in Libingan ng mga Bayani of proofreading the entries of an epitaph prior to its placement to the grave? Will other people notice this one?

Upon seeing this mistake, I promised myself to make a call to the office of Libingan ng mga Bayani or even perhaps, I'll go there again to air this concern. And what an irony it was, a national artist for literature and an entry in his epitaph was misspelled.

Note: I already called the office of Libingan ng mga Bayani and the one who took my call promised to act on my concern immediately. For your concerns, you may reach them through  8459555 loc 4316.

No comments:

Post a Comment