Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Moment 42 - All Souls Day

How often do we remember our departed loved ones?

It has been our practice to pay a visit to our departed loved ones during all saints day or all souls day. Though this tradition  has been embedded in our system, remembering and praying for our departed loved ones would mean they are still special to us. They are, in fact, a part of us.

Every time I go home to the province, regardless of the season, I always make it to a point to visit the tomb of my family and relatives who were part of my existence. I recite my prayers in front of their grave, hoping that my little prayer could bring some comfort and happiness where ever they may be.

Though some will say that we can no longer be with them and they will not hear us, still, I would like to believe that this little gesture will keep on reminding me that once upon a time, they were part of me. And by visiting their tomb and whispering some prayers will help me hold them in my heart though as they were still alive. 

As long as I am alive and able, I will never grow tired in doing this thing whenever I have a chance. I don't want to find myself one day with no memory of them because who I am today, they were part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment