Saturday, November 5, 2011

Exploring Philippines 42 - Siniloan, Laguna (Post 5 - Buruwisan Falls)

From a distance, the Buruwisan falls looked inviting. The canopy of trees that cover  the whole place act like curtains before the falls.  The cool and soothing wind that made the leaves and the branches of the trees sway was indeed nature's way of comforting us. The whole place is truly an inspiration.

Honestly, if this is the kind of place my eyes will set upon each day I wake up, I must say I am truly blessed. A beautiful place like this is like having a piece of heaven on earth. And with such a heavenly sight, what more can you ask for.

As we walked closer to the falls, the amount of excitement I felt intensified. Though I can't swim, the very sight of a falls excite me all the time and this one was no exception. And every time I am near a falls, I always wish that I can swim, enjoy the water, and feast myself while enjoying the bounty of the water that falls on me. I hope one day, I'll be able to experience the real thing.

Near the falls, the cliff that draws the line between the river above and the falls below provides a huge open space that allows the daylight to illuminate the whole place. From a distance, with all those canopy of trees, the falls look mysterious but out here in the open, its naked beauty is uncovered for every one to see.

And as we held our ground before its waters, we looked and felt dwarfed before it. I am not good in determining distances nor heights but the way we look compared to the falls, the picture can't deceive how great this falls is. And the pool below the falls could be very deep because when I stepped into the water just a couple of steps only, it was already knee deep. What more if you'll be right below the falls.

We stayed there for some time, literally enjoying the moment as well as enjoying the feel of this magical environment. It was not a daily scene for us. Thus, some minutes spent there was like a luxury we could not afford to waste.

Though I would like to spend more time there, we don't have all day to stay. Every passing second must be fully compensated with what we expected and ought to experience in that place. Hence, our guides brought us to another falls. One that is just around the corner.

more pics




No comments:

Post a Comment