Friday, November 8, 2013

Poem 147 - Only A Memory

I stared into a dusky sky
Long after the sun had set
I've been sitting here for sometime
The place where you and I met.

The powdery sand makes a perfect place
A front seat to enjoy the view
Sunset is always a romantic moment
Where there's me holding you.

I can still remember our sweet nothings
The ones we whispered in the air
They make watching sunset wonderful
Until my world turned into despair.

It was just a matter of seconds
When the light turned into darkness
I am still sitting right here
Holding on from a scattered mess.

I can't remember for how long
Since you shared this spot with me
I find it hard to get over you
Even if you've become a memory.

Only a memory, that's what you are
A bitter sweet and unforgettable one
I don't know for how long I'll mourn
Keeping a memory of you after my love is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment