Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Moment 148 - Quiet Moment

I always love to go out and spend some time looking at things closely.  Normally, we used to see things the way others see them.  But the moment we can spare some time and look closer, only then, some wonderful secrets could be revealed before our very eyes.

All insects are busy with their own affairs just like us.  We know that these insects need to eat, find their mate, multiply, and they die.  Some of them live in a colony while others are in their solitude.  At times, I wonder, how the daytime insects spend their night and where are they during nighttime?

One time, I was able to wake up early and I lazily spend my early morning stroll in the garden.  The garden looks familiar because it remains almost the same everyday.  In short, there is nothing spectacular or extraordinary in the garden.  Or so I thought.

I am always thankful whenever I bring my camera around.  That morning out of the blue,  I tend to examine and had a closer look on what seemed to be an everyday sight of the garden.  In one of those seemingly ordinary sight, a quiet surprise awaits for me.  

I saw a sleeping damselfly though its eyes seemed to be wide awake.  I oftentimes encounter damselflies and dragonflies near a body of fresh water.  Usually, during the afternoon, dragonflies and damselflies tend to fill the whole of the grassy ground and within their spawning area trying to find their mate.  But when the light of day is gone, the dragonflies and damselflies are gone too.  I guess with the very sight that early morning answered my question as to where they go when it is already dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment