Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Moment 149 - Sunburn

When I go out before and having so much fun under the sun, just like any fair skinned Filipino, getting a sunburn is always a big no-no.  That was before.

Before, I used to hide in the shadows every time the sun is up and the heat is scorching hot.  Whenever I am exposed under the heat of the sun for so long, I easily get a sunburn.  My skin turns to red like that of a shrimp or a crab when cooked.  And getting a sunburn is no joke because it will require me some months to regain my natural complexion.

Nowadays, I am no longer anxious of my complexion.  Sunblock or no sunblock, I would simply indulge myself to the fun along with my friends.  Most of the time, the fun is out there in the open and not under the shade.  And the fun will not wait for the sun to hide behind the clouds or when the sun sets.

The aftermath?  Well, I don't mind pulling off the dead skin several days after.  Sunburn and dead skin will simply come to pass but the joy and fun-filled memories will last a lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment