Monday, October 15, 2012

Random Thought 92 - I Call Them My Friends

How can you be my friend when I am down and suffering, you have so many excuses while keeping your distance away from me?

Time and again, situations offer me different perspective in order for me to know the kind of associations I have.  For each of these situations, the people around me always have some great part to play.  That is, those who are brave enough to stay with me and help me all throughout the challenge.

I thought I have plenty of them whom I can count on during the time of dire need.  I thought I have a support system that could help and rescue me especially when the worst moment is at hand.  I thought that we have this unspoken pledge of support and care that whatever happens, we will stick with each other until the end.  Alas!  I thought wrong.

But I don't want to dwell and mourn over to the self-serving behavior of those people.  At least, the situations made them reveal their true colors.  And not all of them wear the same skin.

When situations throw the worst moment on us, some simple and unassuming souls will step up and help us make a stand.  At times, those whom we have little expectations deliver something great when the occasion calls for it.  And I am extremely thankful and grateful that I happened to know several of them.

At this point in my life, I don't want to argue and question the existence of people around me.  But the moment they'll offer a part of them when I am slowly turning into pieces, then, each piece of me I'll offer back to them in return.  For I am no longer just me.  They are already a part of me.  And I call them my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment