Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Moment 93 - Banana Vendor

The moment I saw this kid selling boiled bananas, a flashback of my childhood days right away played in my memory.  

I grew up in a poor family and during those days, money was scarce.  At an early age, I often accompanied my mother selling pandesal, banana cue, and other stuff.  Modesty aside, even before entering grade one and learning how to write, I already knew how to add and subtract.  And that was because of the hands on experience I had in selling.

The kid approached me and tried to persuade me to buy his stuff.  He was selling three bananas for 10 pesos and according to him, he regularly do this one during the week ends.  He is doing his usual rounds in the Binondo area and since he is going to school, the profit he will gain would serve his allowance for the week.

I asked him for a couple of shots which he readily obliged.  Afterwards, I handed him an amount supposedly for some bananas.  But since I was preoccupied in taking pictures, I did not take his stuff anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment