Monday, May 30, 2011

Random Thought 20 - What You See is What You Get

No matter how I tried to imitate the ways of others, still, I cannot mimic them. People close to me would normally comment that it is not in my character to acquire and practice the kind of personality I want to adopt. I am talking about the politics of daily engagement.

I have to confess that I do not possess a "showbiz" type of personality. I mean, what you see is what you get of me.

Even though I am a friendly person, I still find it hard to mingle with other people that exhibits certain attitudes that are out of my liking. I have loyal associations with some individuals, a civil interaction with a lot, and I just ignore others that I find hard to deal with.

I attempted to "sway" like a bamboo among people but then again, it is not my personality. Rather than dealing with people in an artificial manner, I'd rather represent myself as I am.

For some individuals whom I've known that perfected the art of "swaying", I really appreciate their effort and personality. Though they can deal with almost everyone, staying neutral is not a safe ground. Though being neutral may mean less conflict, it could mean also little trust.

Again, this is me. I may like or not like people around me. But at the end of the day, I am just being true to others and to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment