Sunday, May 8, 2011

Food Trip 16 - Dinuguan

Dinuguan or blood stew is one of my favorite food. Often times, when I go home to the province, the wife of my sibling would prepare a chicken dinuguan for me. 

No less than a native chicken caged for several weeks can deliver something awesome and delightful to the taste. Of course, the chicken meat cannot merit the whole thing without the flavor coming from either the papaya, jack fruit, or squash. Flourished with the aroma of  tanglad or lemongrass, I find myself perspiring heavily while enjoying this great food.

If chicken is not available, I am the one who go to the market early in the morning and buy a kilo of tender beef together with the warm blood of the cow and prepare the food myself. With the abundance of vegetables in the province, I always make it to a point to have more vegetables that the meat. Most often, I go for a squash,  string beans or sitaw, papaya, or jack fruit alone. At times, a combination of squash and string beans, papaya and malunggay, or jack fruit and patani or kidney beans would do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment