Sunday, May 29, 2011

Food Trip 19 - Frog

I remember one time when I brought to the office a box full of fried frogs. I prepared the treat myself. It was during that time when I missed eating this exotic food and I was thankful that even in the city, some wet markets do sell edible frogs.

During rainy season when the rice fields are wet, these frogs are plenty. Whenever I go home to the province, I always look forward for a deep fried frog landing in my plate.

Anyway, since I removed the legs from the body, nobody from the office could distinguish them. My office mates kept on asking about the meat as they heartily enjoyed the food. When the box was empty and everyone was done eating, I told them the truth. That the succulent and great tasting meat they enjoyed was actually that of the frog.

Some of my office mates chuckled with delight while some cursed me for quite some time while someone vomited right away upon hearing that she had just digested a frog. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment