Friday, May 27, 2011

Poem 19 - Sun

If I can hold the sun in my hand
I would be tasked of a great responsibility
I will be delighted to light the world
And allow each creature to shine brightly.

But such a huge responsibility comes with a price
That is meant for an unselfish and dedicated soul
Because you have to let go of your own longings
Least you become a monster and selfishly fall.

If I can hold the sun in my hand
I can warm the hearts of every creature on earth
It would be my way of letting them feel
That they are being taken cared of since their birth.

But I will never have all the strength I need
To hold it forever or even until the end
Because it would be too much to bear
When I get weary, everything else will end.

In this life, I am holding my own sun
Though not as powerful as the one we used to know
I have all the will and power to make it shine brightly
Touching the hearts and lives of those I know.

With my very own sun comes also a greater responsibility
Not to think of myself alone but those who are around me
I don't have to stay forever to make it shine til the end
A single soul touched is already a heavenly gift for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment