Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Moment 18 - Ayo

Ayo is my friend and whenever our schedules are free, we go out and take pictures. I never knew that he is not comfortable with snakes. Actually, before, I too had the same fear.

It was in Manila zoo when I bullied him.We saw a 5-year old girl who wrapped her arms around a big snake and she smiled with all her heart out for a good shot. Her mother told us that she always looked forward to embrace snakes whenever they visit a zoo.

Ayo took some time before trying a big one. I knew it was one big courageous attempt on his part to hold a snake and wrapped it around his neck and body. And he even managed to smile.

From what I've learned, you've got to learn to face your fear and deal with it given an opportunity. As long as you'll not be harmed, conquering your fear makes you proud deep inside even if you are not going to tell the world. And I am happy for my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment