Sunday, December 1, 2013

Food Trip 150 - Ginataang Tulingan with Pechay

From time to time, I tend to order a white meat dish over the red one.  When I was offered ginataang tulingan, I readily said yes.

For me, any form of dish cooked in coconut milk (gata) is always pleasant to eat.  Regardless if it is a plain combination of vegies, white meat, or red meat, still, the idea of coconut milk makes me want to try it even more.  

A slice of tulingan is wrapped in pechay leaf so that each slice will have a pechay leaf on it and it will make the meat intact.  I was surprised to find the taste of this dish quite good and seldom I encounter such a preparation.  Normally, each region in the country has its own way in preparing a dish and at times, one can easily identify the dish because of the manner it is prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment