Friday, June 3, 2011

Poem 20 - Friend

Hold my hand when you're down and weary
I'll lend you my strength until you're okay
Just like you, I am weak too
But I'll stay strong just for you,

Lean on me when your world becomes heavy
You can have my shoulders in times of dismay
I can set aside my own struggling reality
You can have my support every step of the way.

Cry if you must until your eyes will run dry
I'll be by your side especially when relief is a far cry
I will hide my own tears and let them fall silently
Your concern and welfare come first before me.

These I offer to one good and true friend
Who's been with me when everyone else becomes a fiend
When the world deserts us, we only have each other
And the gift of friendship that binds us to last forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment